Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feelin' the Butterflies!

You'd think I'd be running down the concourse through the airport to be the first one to get on the plane...instead, I sauntered along, eyes straight ahead--nervous as hell.  That said, I was one of the first to board the plane anyway.

I have a love/hate relationship with flying.  I love the THOUGHT of flying..getting away from the hum drum of this life of mine.  But, when reality hits the fan and I actually GET to fly, the butterflies in my stomach take over and I begin to second guess my need to get away.  And believe me, I NEED to get away.

Gulp.  I did it. Today.  One step at a time.  I boarded the flight from Colorado Springs to Denver--the first leg of my journey.  I'm pretty sure I left fingernail marks in the armrest of the plane as I clung to it for dear life, but I did it.  I made it to Denver in once piece.  I survived all of the 20 minutes it took to get there.  No worries, I have a 3 hour layover in Denver to come to grips with the almost 3 hour flight ahead of me yet. I've also got my good friend, Xanax to help...love those little blue pills!

The next leg of my trip is Denver to Portland, Oregon, where my BFF from High School will be picking me and my dulled fingernails up and driving us to her place in Washington. Destination: Seattle.  

It only took me about an hour to figure out how to hook up to the free wifi, so in the meantime, I wandered the l.o.n.g. concourse sniffing out what to eat.  I ended up at Panda Express for some Firecracker chicken and chow mein.  I ate a hot meal.  All by myself. No kids. Just me, myself and I.

Weird.

It almost feels overwhelming, if THAT makes any sense, to not have any kids with me. Again, weird. But, I get to be without kids for 96+ hours...   

Imagine that. 

I'll update more later, IF my plane makes it to Portland in one piece.  Breathe in, breathe out...





No comments:

Post a Comment