Monday, January 7, 2013

Hiatus Unintentional, Sorta

A year has gone by since my last post.  A whole year.  I'll spare you the excuses as to why and just say "I'm back"!

I've missed blogging.  A lot.  So forgive me if I go off on tangents that don't happen to make any sense. My blogging skills have faded in a years time, and so has my brain.  6 kids is sure to give one a case of brain drain.

Anyway...

We've just pulled off Christmas Break 2012.  And I say "pulled off" in all truthfulness.  That said, I have some explaining to do.

In November, right around Thanksgiving, Roy and Caleb moved back in with me and the kids.  Roy and I have been separated for almost 2 years and divorced for almost 1 year now.  Caleb lived with Roy for about a year and a half, while I had the 5 other kids with me.   Getting to the point, Roy and I decided that since we've been able to form a great friendship over the last year, we needed to try and parent together...and have Roy more in the kids lives.  It also makes financial sense for us to live in the same house and share the rent.  Takes some of the weight off of both of us, you know?

Back to "pulling off" Christmas break...nothing surprising that having a houseful of kids trying to adjust to one another again was hard. Really hard.  But, we pulled together and made it work, successfully!

I realize this was one of the most boring posts ever, but the blanks needed to be filled in so there isn't mass confusion later amongst my readers (thanks Mom!) later...




No comments:

Post a Comment