Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Peace Out!


I can't believe another school year has come to an end, seeming so abruptly.  I now have an 8th grader, a 6th grader, a 4th grader and a 2nd grader.  My babies are growing up on me!  And really...how can I be old enough to have a son that is one year away from High School??  Say it isn't so!  

Someone said to me today that they were ready enough for summer as much as I WASN'T...I said to him, you must REALLY be ready for summer then!   Don't get me wrong, I love to sleep in past o'dark thirty as much as the next person.  I also like not having to rush around in the morning frantically trying to find lost shoes and misplaced reading logs.  I really like not having to nag the kids to do their homework in the evenings too.   Buuuuuut, I am am not a fan of summer vacation...mostly because I am not a fan of children who are bored and fighting.  That about sums it up.

All of that being said,  I am going to do all I can to have a happy, memorable summer.  The kids deserve that right?

Of course they do!

So, according to Gracie...  Peace out school, hello summer!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph! I've seen you post some stuff over at Baby Center and I thought I saw that you were in Colorado Springs? I live down in Fountain. My baby girl, Jesenia, was born in January and she has Down Syndrome. I found out the day after she was born. If you want, I've got a little blog set up too. I try to post once a week, but I'm not that good at it! http://www.mmb-unscripted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete