Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

For 16 years now, the 4th of July has meant more than just fireworks and hot dogs on the grill.   July 4, 1994 is the day my husband and I were married and became a family.   It's hard to believe that 16 years and 6 children later...  

I'll be the first to admit that our marriage is on pretty rocky ground.  Life is tough.  Life with kids is tough.  Life with a bipolar kid is tough.  Life with a kid with special needs is sometimes tough as well.   It all takes it's toll, I suppose.   I'm not sure what keeps me hanging on, but even on the days when I am hanging on by a thread, I keep chugging along.

Anyway, moving on...

I have enjoyed the reprieve from doctor appointments lately.  I actually don't think I have had Faith into the doctor since her cardiology appointment.  ( I could be wrong about that though, but I don't think so!)   That being said, after this next week, the dizzying pace will begin again with another onslaught of appointments.

A visit to the eye doctor to schedule a tear duct probe surgery, a 15 month well baby visit, to include labs to check her blood counts and thyroid,  a visit to the ENT for a  hearing test...pair that with twice a week therapies and this girls calendar is full!    However, I am SO very thankful that we are not having 2-3 visits a week to the Oncology/Hematology clinic for blood draws and injections of Neupogen to bring her neutrophil count up.  Nor are we in the hospital on O2.    My view on a "normal" life has really been put into perspective with the challenges of raising a child with special needs.    Even so, I wouldn't change my sweet baby girl for the world.

Mama loves you baby girl, barbecue sauce covered face and corn in your teeth (if you had any teeth!) and all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 16th Anniversary!! We just celebrated our 16th in May. But we only figured out how to have half as many kids?? My husband was looking over my shoulder when I was looking at your blog and said "who is that" when he saw Faith. He thought she was adorable...of course, who wouldn't!!

    ReplyDelete